Monday, April 5, 2010

We all have to start somewhere

I think we started out with DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). That was the first game that my son took interest in when we played it. And it was one of the few games that we owned that could be played in front of a toddler. Our son, Sean, had a favorite song (B4U) and LOVED to get up on the arcade version next to Daddy. When our daughter was born, Daddy would often dancedance her to sleep to the slower songs.

That's how it began.. ..

We've been very conscious of exposing our kids to video games and their content from the get-go. We use the ESRB guidelines to help us make decisions. We also use our own judgement. That's the benefit of being a Mommy who ALSO plays video games. I don't just SEE what my now 8 and 6 year olds play, I play WITH them.

And now I want to write about it.

I don't really know where to start. My plan is to just write everyday about how games or gamer culture has affected our family. I hope that its funny. I also hope to someday write about how our family is affecting the Gaming community. So I'm just going to PRESS START. Hopefully I'll eventually get readers and feedback and this blog will take on a shape. WISH ME LUCK!

No comments: