Friday, April 9, 2010

We're Famous!

Well, famous by association.  You can see me and my family in the latest episode of Penny Arcade TV.  Penny Arcade is a webcomic written by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins.  We practically worship these guys because they are getting rich by doing what we love: playing video games and talking about them.  I actually won a contest by the ESRB to go to PAX East, meet Mike and Jerry and be DRAWN by Mike for the ESRB ads for 2010.  A COMPLETE DREAM COME TRUE.  That experience was absolutely magical.  We felt like VIPs for that whole weekend.  And to be able to share it with my husband and children was just icing on the cake. 
My winning contest entry can be found here.  The ESRB Facebook Contest was an essay contest where they asked "If your family was a video game, what would be your ESRB game rating?"  They also asked "How do you personally find the game rating system to be useful?" 
So please feel free to read my essay, to watch the video and to share my glory.  As I continue to get news of the esrb ads being drawn by Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade I will keep you updated!

No comments: